A little about me

I am here to bring you into my adventures in craftsmanship and widgetry. I enjoy bringing things into the world that display the many skills I have. I have been crafting most of my life and the little things i did when I was young that I thought were all inconsequential, are all melding into a wonderful blend of talent. I hope you enjoy the things I am sharing with you and look forward to posting as much as possible.

Followers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Adventures in Crafting! Tatu's Party masks and jewelry set!

I was asked by a coworker to make some masks for her cousins pre-deployment hurrah. It was a party that had a masquerade, peacock, almost Mardi Gras theme. It was quite fun with the planning and the ideas.
Overall I made about 40 custom masks in various shapes and sizes. All containing various types of feathers, sequins, glitters and paints. I made a custom all peacock feather mask and matching custom necklace and earrings. The custom necklace and earrings are made with a wire jig and a coiler. I tore one peacock feather into individual pieces and added those as accent to the larger beads in the necklace and coiled wire in the earrings.
In addition to my mask making activities, I was also asked to make chocolates with the accenting colors as I had no assistance with this particular endeavor. I found a quick shortcut in purchasing the small individually wrapped Snickers bar and simply drizzling them in coordinating color melted chocolate. It gave for a personal touch with the color. I opted to carry them in rows stacked between layers of parchment paper so as not to maim the chocolate drizzles. Then they were gently transported to a serving pan.
I also took staged photographs of Tatu and the various attendees of the party. I made a display backdrop with tulle, lights, peacock feathers and a dyed sheet. Many portraits were taken in front of the back drop and everyone really had fun with it. Also many candid photos were taken as well.
This project was a three day three night extraordinaire for me. I was up for about 60 hrs with about an hour of sleep a day in there somewhere. I don't know how but I powered through and I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the affair.
-Warmshade























No comments:

Post a Comment